Lambton County is completing a community food assessment to determine local food related priorities and identify recommendations for action.
Vision: Lambton County is a community that encourages everyone to strive for safety, health, and well-being.
Mission: Lambton Public Health works with the community to: assess, promote and protect health, prevent disease and injury, and advocate for healthy public policy.
The Sarnia-Lambton Food Coalition (SLFC ) supports the development of a sustainable food system that integrates all of the pieces of the food system to enhance the nutritional, environmental, economic, and social health of Sarnia-Lambton.
Goal: To give Sarnia-Lambton residents control over a food system where everyone has access to and can afford to buy safe, nutritious, culturally acceptable food that is produced in an environmentally sustainable way and sustains our rural communities.
Goal: To provide coordination and support to bring people together to create a shared vision, identify key priorities, develop partnerships and networks and activate the community to create and implement healthy public policy.
Community Food Assessment Task Force Members:
- Nicole Boyer - Project Coordinator, Healthy Kids Community Challenge Lambton
- Cynthia Cook - Owner, Forest Glen Herb Farm
- Simone Edginton - Registered Dietitian, County of Lambton; Co-chair, Sarnia Lambton Food Coalition
- Rebecca Everaert - Prevention Peer, West Lambton Community Health Centre
- Darren Hacker - One Tomato
- Lorri Kerrigan - Social Planner, County of Lambton
- Vicki Luke - Agricultural and Rural Economic Development Advisor, Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- William Nywening - Planner, County of Lambton
- Mary Jean O'Donnell - Owner, MJ Waste Solutions
- Anthony Sjaarda - Dairy goat producer and processor
- Lana Smith - Public Health Nutritionist, County of Lambton; Chair, Healthy Living Lambton; Co-chair, Sarnia Lambton Food Coalition
- John Zekveld - Zekveld's Garden Market